Mulled Cider and Quivering Chins

Mulled Cider and Quivering Chins
The Best Way To Atone For Our Sins

I am pretty pissed with woman-kind at the moment
The ones who love me, for being not too smart or warm;
The ones who're neither dumb nor cold, for not loving me.

When you lose love you're not too sure you'll love again
But then [as you know] you do
and then you lose those loves too.

I'm holding out for one that likes good books, good movies
and also she'll like good songs.
and she knows where she belongs.
on the rug
she and I
with crayons
sipping on rum mulled cider.
The space between us grows tighter
and never grows loose again,
I see quivers on her chin.
And when she is away I can smell her on my sheets.
and I grin, and the whole room can feel that my heart beats.


0 comments. Got something to say? Come at me, bro.