The Hardest Cider To Cider™

Hey there folks,

I have something that will knock your socks off, but you will want to put them back on because it is getting cold outside. Speaking of warming up*; how about a fantastic new Autumn Beverage?

*A flawless segue.

I have for you a new drink recipe that I hope will live up to the reputation I have established with last summer's recipes; the Redneck Sunrise and Mennonite Lemonade.

As Nelson Mandela said, "Make it. Drink it. Drunk dial some crazy bitch and that's a fine as wine way to spend an Autumn evening." It might have been Flav-O-Flav. I can never remember which one faced unthinkable persecution and which one wears a clock. Oh well, enjoy.

-D. James McSaddle


The Hardest Cider To Cider™

Ingredients

- 1 half gallon of Apple Cider.
( I prefer Cider from Quality Dairy, for reasons other than the fact that there is a Q.D. about a block away from my house.)

- Half a fifth of Sailor Jerry original spiced navy rum. (I must insist that you use Sailor Jerry rum. It is 92 proof, and has a hint of cherry. It's strong but it goes down smooth. Incidently, I look for similar qualities in my female companions.)

-
1 dash of cinnamon

- 1 dash of nutmeg

- 1 half a cap full of vanilla extract.


-1 half a cap full of almond extract.


Directions:

Pour rum and cider into a medium sized pot, and but the burner on medium. Allow to warm as you add your ingredients. Stir frequently. Take the pot off of the burner and serve with a ladle.


D. James McSaddle has an M.F.A. in Bartending from Yale University.

0 comments. Got something to say? Come at me, bro.